Using explainer videos to promote the utilization of a particular software is an excellent idea, but its realization represents a significant challenge.
The problem is that it is necessary to create a message that combines different levels of ideas and concept offering the value of the software through graphic animations, with concrete information of its application (screenshots, transactions, etc.).
The important factors of an explainer video
Video Marketing Companies make these types of videos using three key elements:
- Script: This is not new in explainer videos as a good script is the basis of everything.
- Motion Graphics: Graphic animations in color to illustrate ideas through characters or animated graphics.
- Screencast and Voice-Over: It consists of recording concrete screens while explaining what appears there by voice and labels. Not always used, but it is highly recommended to get the user experience.
The Screencast and Motion Graphics techniques are complemented by voice narration, and you can transmit in 30 or 60 seconds a lot of information at a very abstract and concrete level.
Who can use it?
There are several ways to apply this technique of animated video depending on the type of product:
- Websites. The videos can show the 3-5 most common transactions on the web while reviewing the advantages of it.
- Cloud Software. All those startup or platforms in the cloud that needs to have visibility, while showing its added value and educate about its technology with practical use cases.
- Applications. All app stores now allow you to upload a video next to the description of your app. Not taking advantage of this option is to leave aside all potentials of the video.
Also, in the case of companies or institutions that offer some type of online service, the video can be of immense value by showing users around when posted on their website homepage.
Somehow this type of videos works as an advertisement and as a micro-tutorial. That is, they promote the product while giving a fairly accurate idea of how it also works. And that is its great advantage.